The semi final of Seven’s My Kitchen Rules topped two million viewers on Monday.
The cut-throat episode, in which Adelaide pair Jessica and Bree beat Melbourne twins Helena and Vikki, attracted 2.005 million viewers.
The SA mums will take on trash-talking travellers Chloe and Kelly in Tuesday’s $250,000 winner-takes-all grand final which is expected to attract about 2.5 million viewers.
The Seven Network series has been a standout in the ratings and the other networks have wisely avoided clashing with MKR this week.
The Nine Network’s The Voice, which has launched on Logies night for the past two years, will start on Sunday. Network Ten’s MasterChef will start next Monday.
My Kitchen Rules was the number one show by a long way on Monday. The next highest placed show program on the OzTAM overnight ratings was Nine News (1.232 million).
Seven News (1.230 million) was third and Seven News/Today Tonight (1.152 million) was fourth.
Even though MKR finishes tonight, Seven has ensured there is no respite for reality show junkies.
The network will launch the second season of the renovation series House Rules on Wednesday.
Most watched shows on Monday
1. My Kitchen Rules (Seven) – 2.005 million
2. Nine News (Nine) – 1.232 million
3. Seven News (Seven) – 1.230 million
4. Seven News / Today Tonight (Seven) -1.152 million
5. A Current Affair (Nine) – 1.151 million
6. Nine News 6:30 (Nine) – 1.145 million
7. The Big Bang Theory (Nine) – 1.117 million
8. The Big Bang Theory rpt (Nine) -1.047 million
9, Home And Away (Seven) -1.036 million
10. ABC News (ABC1) – 905,000
* Source OzTAM